+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 397 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 56 106 ... LastLast

Thread: Vintage Oval Track Modifieds...

let's give it a shot with a post of Lou Lazzaro

scan0055-1.jpg

scan0055-3.jpg

Emil, 21M, the flying 70, anyone,

How did you get the full picture to post and not the thumbnail?

I am trying to post from photobucket not from the hard drive on my computer.

Thanks,

JBull

Quote Originally Posted by Stevie G View Post
    Take a look around guys. It is soooo much more than that, and it has been here a while.
    You might know each other from the stock car thread on the HAMB, but like I said, A lot of folks here don't do the HAMB.
    Intros would help.
    We all did one.

Welcome aboard, I think you're going to like it here.
    Thanks for the new home!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kholm65 View Post
    Bobby Holmberg at Islip Speedway 1974?
    If you are posting from Photobucket use the IMG code but make sure you delete HAMB's HTTP and PB's img from and rear front of your photo code and then the img will show. Good luck. The same should work for Flickr.
    Last edited by Randomrodder; 09-28-2011 at 08:03 AM. Reason: typos as usual
    DEAD MAN WALKING

JBull, you should see my response above.

My intro. I am 61 and disabled. I am a Minister and an avowed Hot Rodder since I was 12 years old. It is very hard for me to understand how any self proclaimed Hot Rodder can not also have a love affair with oval track racing, if not the oval, then it would have to be the quarter mile pounders. My son is the Bullfather and was raised on the short tracks since before he could walk. He now has his own web site that is growing and hopefully next year will have it's own studio for the interviews.
    I come to this site nightly to view the photos of the cars I loved watching and the drivers I knew personally. I also enjoy the history among the drivers and the banter. The old site was a live. I pray this site will be as alive as it was at the HAMB, hopefully, even more so as time goes on.
    DEAD MAN WALKING

DBA
    ok,word from florida,freeport racer,then starter fred tuski passed away on friday,23. he had been sick latlely. little known fact,anyone who grew up on L.l. in the 50s. those yellow signs in just about every gas station ,advertiseing freeport stadium, were painted by him. r.i.p. fred
    Last edited by snidely whiplash; 09-28-2011 at 09:27 AM.

test..............

OK...Here's me: 59 yrs. old & grew up watching NY Modifieds almost every weekend from 1964 and right through the 70s & 80s. Don't go as much these days, but that's another story. Dutch Hoag was always my favorite, but there were just so many other great drivers that I remember watching. Shangri-La in Owego, NY was my favorite spot in the world as a teenager. Later (after I turned 40) I raced go-karts for 5 yrs. and later still, Legends for 7 more. Racing (and winning) at Shangri-La, after all those years spectating there, was a thrill I still have a hard time describing. I've built a couple Street Rods - '38 Chevy Coupe (sold it), and '48 Pontiac (still have it), and my wife has a nice 67 Mustang that I get to drive sometimes. Current project is shown in avatar. I've been working on it for 4-5 yrs., but it just might be done sometime in 2012...we'll see. Plan is to race it on asphalt, if the Midstate Club has any asphalts shows. Right now, they're mostly dirt guys & my car would be way too low for that. Anyway, the car is not an original racecar & I'm only trying to recreate a car with the "look" of the late 60's-early 70's coupes I remember & loved. Cars like some of Richie's coupes, the Woodchopper Special of Bugs Stevens, the Tant-Mitchell coupe of Ray Hendrick, lots of the Southern Mods that Hubert Hensley built, etc., etc. Technologically, the car will be pretty current. I had help getting started from Ricky Kluth (front clip & main hoop of roll bar), but aside from advice from a bunch of guys smarter than me, I've done all the work myself. Hope this new forum takes off for us. So far-so good!
    Bill FitzSimmons

Test

Good morning all..

Trying to get a feel for how this works..

DBA
    Huge fan and follower of HAMB and now Dogfight (not sure of the name and hope Michael Vick does'nt post, LOL) Never posted on HAMB, but post on 3Wides and the Wall Board. Been racing for 31 years at mostly Wall Stadium in practically every division, have two vintage Dirt Modifieds, the 126 Craig VonDuhren, Keystone Pretzel Car and the 14 of Bob Torecky. Own the original Ferrante hauler (now restored) and am the caretaker of the Ferrante/Jim Hendrickson X-3 Vega. I have a 1930 Model A, that is a great driver. Still racing at Wall Stadium, but I enjoy the Vintage stuff much more......Kevin
    The nuts and bolts are all the same, it's the people that make it different

+ Reply to Thread